Harvard Glee Club Foundation Board of Directors
Each year, alumni of the Harvard Glee Club elect four individuals (from a slate of six candidates) to serve on the Board of Directors of the Harvard Glee Club Foundation.
We are starting the nomination process and are seeking your suggestions for a few good men (or women!) whom you think we should consider for our 2018 slate of Directors. To see who currently serves on the Foundation board, click HERE. To nominate yourself or someone else, click the button below and fill out the short nomination form. The Chairman of the Governance Committee will contact you to confirm the nomination and discuss the process.
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING NOMINATIONS IS MAY 6, 2018.
INFORMATION ABOUT BEING A DIRECTOR:
- The Board of Directors sets the general policies of the Foundation, approves annual budgets, and authorizes major expenditures.
- There are 24 Directors of the Board, 12 Directors elected by the Alumni of the Harvard Glee Club and 12 Directors appointed by members of the Board.
- Directors serve for terms of three years and most, but not all, are former members of the Harvard Glee Club.
- The Board meets twice a year (usually in Cambridge), with a third meeting held telephonically. While we encourage directors to attend all meetings in person, we recognize that the occasional conflict will preclude a trip to Cambridge — particularly as over half of our Board lives outside of New England.
- Elected directors are the primary conduits to alumni of their eras and assist with our fundraising and alumni engagement efforts.
- Each director serves on one of our six standing committees/task forces — Alumni Engagement, Development, Finance, Governance, Communications, and Student Relations — with meetings taking place between Board meetings.
- The Board seeks to reflect the diversity of generations of alumni and the geographic areas in which alumni reside in selecting candidates for Board Service.
- The Directors will be nominated for their expertise in, and commitment to, those areas necessary to enhance the work of the Foundation. We seek candidates who will bring a diversity of personal experiences and professional skills to the board, but what we seek most is individuals who are passionate about the work of the Harvard Glee Club and choral activities at Harvard more generally and want to give back to the institution that provided them with such personally significant musical and life experiences.